Membership for PSAN
To become a member of PSAN, please click on the link below:
Application for Membership (pdf)
CONSTITUTION OF THE PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS ASSOCIATION OF NEBRASKA
Name and Object
SECTION 1. The name of this Association shall be Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska.
SECTION 2. The object of the Association shall be:
- Advance the science and art of the Surveying Profession.
- Foster and maintain a high standard of Ethics.
- Uphold the Nebraska Registered Land Surveyors Act.
- Act directly and indirectly in the interest of Public Welfare and impress upon the public the importance of accurate Land Surveying.
- Protect and improve the professional and economic stature of the Professional Surveyor.
This organization, in its activities and in its membership shall be nonpolitical, nonsectarian, and state wide in its scope, except as local subordinate chapters may come into being and shall be incorporated as a nonprofit organization.
SECTION 1. The members of this Association shall consist of six classes, namely:
- Active Member. Any person who is an active or inactive Nebraska Registered Land Surveyor and whose registration has not lapsed or been revoked, shall be eligible for membership as an active member. An active member shall have full membership rights and privileges, including but not limited to membership voting rights.
- Honorary Life Member. A person of acknowledge eminence in surveying, who has rendered outstanding service to the Land Surveying or Engineering Profession and who has been an Active Member of the Professional Association of Nebraska, may be elected as a Life Member of the Association by two-thirds vote of the Official Board. Honorary Life Membership does include full membership voting rights.
- Retired Active Members. Any person who is a Nebraska Registered Land Surveyor, who is retired professionally from land surveying or a business engaged in land surveying, whose active membership in Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska has been continuous for the required number of eligible years, upon notification and approval of the executive board shall be eligible for membership as a Retired Active Member and shall retain all the privileges of an Active Member, including all membership voting rights. The required number of eligible years shall mean continuous membership as an active member in Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska for a period of five years before the year 1980 including the year 1980. The number of eligible years shall be increased by one year for each year after 1980 until a maximum of 15 years of continuous membership as an Active Member has been reached and then shall mean 15 years of continuous membership as an Active Member after the year 1990.
- Affiliate Member. Any person registered as a Land Surveyor in any state other than Nebraska and a registered Professional Engineer, Realtor, Abstractor, Attorney, or any person engaged in a business or profession related to land surveying and interested in the advancement of the surveying profession shall, upon the recommendation of an Active Member, be eligible to apply for membership as an Affiliate Member. Affiliate membership does not including membership voting rights.
- Associate Member. Any person engaged in surveying and interested in becoming a Nebraska Registered Land Surveyor or any student with a sincere interest in surveying shall, upon the recommendation of an Active Member, be eligible to apply for membership as an Associate Member. Associate Membership does not include voting rights.
- Sustaining Members. Any individual, group or firm engaged in providing equipment or service to the surveying and engineering profession. Sustaining Members shall mean and include:
- Membership to Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska equivalent to an Affiliate Member for an individual groups or firm.
- A one-quarter page advertisement published in each of The Nebraska Surveyor newsletter. Special recognition shall be given to the Sustaining Members for supporting Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska within the cover page of the newsletter.
- Exhibitors entrance fees to the annual meeting.
- Sustaining Membership does not include membership-voting rights.
- Professional Affiliate. Any individual group, firm, partnership or corporation engaged in surveying and who is a registered land surveyor or has one or more Nebraska Registered Land Surveyors in their group, firm, partnership or corporation, upon the recommendation of an Active Member, shall be eligible to apply for membership as a Professional Affiliate Member. Professional Affiliate Membership does not include membership-voting rights. Special recognition shall be given to the Professional Affiliate Membership for supporting the Professional Surveyors Association of Nebraska within the newsletter.
|Retired Active Member