Nebraska Statutes: 84-409


84-409. State Surveyor; surveys; fees; amount; disposition; Surveyors’ Cash Fund; created; use; investment.

There shall be paid to the State Treasurer, for each day the State Surveyor is engaged in making any survey or in settling and disposing of disputes and disagreements, as provided in section 84-410, a per diem rate of compensation as determined by the Board of Educational Lands and Funds for his or her services and the necessary expenses incurred in making the same. All fees received for the services and expenses of the State Surveyor or deputy surveyors shall be paid into the state treasury and by the State Treasurer placed in a fund to be known as Surveyors’ Cash Fund, which fund shall be used in paying the salaries and expenses of deputy surveyors, except as provided in section 84-407.01, in making surveys and for making refunds on deposits. All fees and expenses placed in the Surveyors’ Cash Fund for the services and expenses of the State Surveyor, after the payments from the cash fund are made as hereinbefore provided, shall be transferred to the General Fund. Transfers may be made from the Surveyors’ Cash Fund to the General Fund at the direction of the Legislature. Any money in the Surveyors’ Cash Fund available for investment shall be invested by the state investment officer pursuant to the Nebraska Capital Expansion Act and the Nebraska State Funds Investment Act.

Laws 1903, c. 195, § 3, p. 577;
R.S.1913, § 5565;
Laws 1919, c. 54, § 1, p. 158;
C.S.1922, § 4869;
C.S.1929, § 84-408;
R.S.1943, § 84-409;
Laws 1947, c. 348, § 2, p. 1095;
Laws 1951, c. 340, § 3, p. 1126;
Laws 1953, c. 357, § 2, p. 1135;
Laws 1957, c. 395, § 3, p. 1360;
Laws 1959, c. 452, § 2, p. 1506;
Laws 1965, c. 569, § 2, p. 1858;
Laws 1982, LB 127, § 13;
Laws 2009, First Spec. Sess., LB3, § 90.

Cross Reference:
Nebraska Capital Expansion Act, see section 72-1269.Nebraska State Funds Investment Act, see section 72-1260.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: