A county road was used adversely by the public for more than ten years prior to 1887. Around 1901, the county dedicated the road for public use to the city of Omaha when it became part of the city limits. The county gained a right to the road through prescription, which occurs when the public uses a road adversely to the owner for a period of ten years. City of Omaha v. Douglas County, 125 Neb. 640, 251 N.W. 262 (1933). See Breiner v. Holt County, 7 Neb.App. 132, 581 N.W.2d 89 (1998).