Land Surveying Technician
HGM Associates Inc. currently has a full-time field position available for a Land Surveying Technician. This position will allow for career advancement. The position will operate out of our Council Bluffs, Iowa office. HGM offers flex time, paid vacation, medical, dental and optical insurance along with a 401K Plan.
The successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, pass a background check, drug screening, possess a valid driver’s license, willing to work overtime, occasionally travel out of town and stay overnight.
Following are major characteristics that we are seeking:
- Detail oriented
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Quick learner
- Prompt and able to work overtime when required due to project schedule
- Willingness to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Assist survey crew chief
- Perform tasks as directed by crew chief and/or management
- Verify survey truck is ready for use each morning (equipment and supplies)
- Setup and operate survey equipment (HGM will train)
- Download, edit and email survey data (HGM will train)
- Work independently (after training) or with other employees
Items that will make you stand out:
- Strong math skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Civil 3D)
- Surveying experience
Please visit our website at hgmonline.com for more company information. If this position appeals to you and you are looking for a career in a field with applied technology, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed Land Surveyor
REGA Engineering Group, Inc. is a strong valued, employee owned, Midwest based consulting firm built by utilizing current technology, client interaction and professional development. Our purpose is to provide quality civil engineering and surveying solutions. To deliver responsive, reliable, well thought out solutions to our clients.
As a Registered Land Surveyor, you will maintain client relations, direct and supervise survey crew staff and drafting technicians, perform project management duties and direct multiple survey crews, provide training to staff, and ensure the accuracy of surveys. Land Surveyor will also create project estimates, job proposals, and be responsible for the financial performance of your team. You will have the opportunity to obtain licenses in surrounding states and grow the team.
Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- 10+ years of experience
- Must be registered as a land surveyor
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Must have experience in land surveying and construction staking
REGA Engineering Group, Inc. founded in 2003 is a regional civil engineering firm is currently licensed in 13 surrounding states, employee-owned firm specializing in site civil design, planning, landscape design, forensic engineering, surveying, construction staking and construction observation services.
As an REGA employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
REGA is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Cover letters and resumes can be emailed to Christy@regaeng.com.